Saturday, November 23, 2013

New Area Brings New Experiences

In Kelsie's words from her recent letters:  I am now by the beach every day.  I am serving in the Santa Cruz area.  It is very beautiful, but surprisingly very chilly.  When I look at the thermostat and it reads 62 degrees I feel like I should be just fine, however it feels like 47 or something.  I have become a wimp on my mission.  This area looks like the inside of a Hollister or Billabong store.  Everyone seems a little laid back and super casual.  I will now be serving in family wards.  I have never done that my entire mission.

I went to my first STL exchange.  It was a lot of fun.  I really didn't know what I was suppose to do, so I just followed.  I was serving with a sister who is in the Spanish program so half of our lessons were in Spanish.  I read the Joseph Smiths first Vision in Spanish.  I didn't do very well, but the people just smiled at me.

Similitude is something that I have been studying a lot recently.  God uses similitude so that we can learn and understand Him more.  For example He sent us here in families so we could learn the gospel, a righteous way of living and so that we could build relationships of love and come to understand the way he loves us.

I love being a missionary.  I miss all of you, but when I look at the calendar it makes me have a sense of urgency as my time is flying by very fast.  I have decided that I am going to serve the rest of my mission like I am "Always in the Middle" adjusted but not trunky to go home. 







No comments:

Post a Comment